Responsible for working on all stages of our production cycles, from research and design to manufacturing, installation, and evaluation. To be successful as a Mechanical Engineer, you should be a highly creative individual with an ability to develop innovative solutions to our clients' needs/requirements. The top candidate will also have the ability to communicate their technical ideas in a clear manner, both visually and verbally. This individual will be split between working on Chemtech system designs and DMP systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine design requirements, prepare specifications and drawings, for capital projects.
- Coordinate mechanical drawing & BOM creation & verify accuracy with respect to manufacturability and MES standards.
- Perform traditional analysis in mechanics of materials, dynamics, stress, etc.
- Evaluate the complexity of new designs and recommend changes that will help reduce or eliminate manufacturing time and cost.
- Identifying and analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them.
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Creating plans and designs using CAD technology (Including Inventor).
- Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations.
- Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in our team.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to technical service team.
Support the transition of Chemtech designed equipment 50% into our systems 50% Supporting the DMP waste treatment system engineering activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS Mechanical Engineering plus 3 to 5 years of experience designing automated equipment and machinery.
PE is required