Summary of Job Function: Work on design and development of automotive electronics products and transfer the OEM’s design and development requirements to design teams.
- Design mechanical / electromechanical components using 3D CAD tools (Catia) /UG for automotive electronics products.
- Design plastic, sheet metal, connector and die casting components follow engineering design process.
- Develop mechanical drawing set (customer, manufacturing, and supplier drawings) according to project timing and worldwide standards.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and risk management of the projects within the mechanical engineering scope
- Closely work together with global manufacturing locations to ensure the proper line setup for the assigned projects.
- Perform tolerance calculation for all assemblies to guarantee the proper fit of components.
- Perform structural calculation for your designs when needed and verify the results by doing engineering testing.
- Support new business quotation activities.
- Capture and communicate customer expectations inside and outside the organization.
- Design of innovative solutions and discussion of specified requirements with customers.
- Bachelor or above degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
- 5+ years experience in mechanical design of electronic products; Working experience with Kostal /Alps /Omron/ OEMs (GM /Ford/ Chrysler) preferred but not required.
- Good knowledge on electronic products' related manufacturing processes (injection molding, die casting, metal stamping, PCB making).
- Be skilled at 2D&3D design software, e.g. UG, CATIA, Pro-e, AutoCAD, etc.
- Familiar with automotive product development, automotive products development process like APQP and PPAP and process of DFMEA.
- Capability to deal with high work load situations, good presentation and communicationskills。
- Have good relationships with OEMs (GM /Ford/ Chrysler).
- Must be able to work in US legally