Successful candidate will work on a wide variety of building types located throughout the United States and potentially abroad, and will take an active role in coordinating with staff of mechanical, electrical, structural, civil engineers, technicians and plumbing designers in an interdisciplinary team setting with architects, interior designers, and planners.
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary project team environment from Pre-Design through Construction phases.
- Perform mechanical system design analysis including, but not limited to, software-based energy consumption and heating/cooling load modeling, comparative system life-cycle cost modeling, and energy code compliance verification.
- Engineering/design and drafting (Revit or Autocad) of mechanical systems and the sizing and selection of HVAC and plumbing equipment including, but not limited to, air handling systems, cooling systems, heating water systems, plumbing systems, domestic hot water systems, and airside/waterside heat recovery systems.
- Work with project architects and project engineers to establish a work plan and an approach to delegation of work within the project team.
- Produce complete, code compliant project contract documents including drawings and specifications to be used for permitting, bidding, and construction.
- Conduct QA/QC reviews of mechanical contract document packages and participate in the collaborative review of complete document packages for identification and remediation of conflicts with the work of other disciplines.
- Review and insure compliance with local, state, and federal codes pertaining to Life Safety, Building, and Mechanical regulations and ordinances; convey applicable changes of local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances to project team.
- Participate in on-site assessments of existing facilities and in the preparation of mechanical/plumbing engineering systems condition assessment reports.
- Develop mechanical engineering systems design-basis narratives, technical studies & reports.
- Participate in Construction Administration by processing shop drawings, responding to RFI's, and as requested performing site visits during the construction phase to ensure projects are adhering to specifications and design layout.
- Report status of project progress to Project Managers and Department Director.
- Seek continuing education/experience to stay abreast of developments within the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to plan, track, and manage multiple, simultaneous projects of various scales and types with specific attention to collaboration and quality assurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project team members, consultants, contractors, and clients both verbally and in written form.
- Knowledge and familiarity with various engineering design and production software tools such as DOE-COMcheck, Trane TRACE 700, AutoCAD, REVIT, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of the Mechanical sections of Local, State, and Federal Life Safety and Building Codes.
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other individuals, exhibiting a strong team-oriented approach, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 5-10 years working in the Architectural/Engineering profession.
- 5+ years working as a Mechanical Designer with primary responsibility for HVAC and plumbing contract documents.
- Verifiable history of successful projects. Experience with a broad variety of building types is beneficial.
- BSME degree or a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering with a mechanical emphasis from an accredited college is not required but is a plus.
- Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE) is a plus
LEED accreditation is a plus.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law