We have a future to create. So join Aclara, as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We’re at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Our 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We’re a hardware, software and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We’re big data gurus and in-the-field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us.
Aclara is offering a paid Internship opportunity to students pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. You will gain valuable hands-on experience and have the chance to learn in an advanced and fast paced environment!The Mechanical Intern will be responsible for physical design related tasks associated with product development activities of high-volume electronic products for the Meters Industry. Participate in the development and testing of project deliverables produced by the team. This position is located in our Somersworth, NH office.
- Participation in product development life cycle activities associated with physical design for enclosures, mounting kits, and other system components.
- Creation of part and assembly drawings per standard Aclara format.
- Processing of Engineering Change Requests and Change Notices in compliance with the Aclara Change Control Process.
- Create, present, and publish test reports.
- Assist in the analysis and resolution of product issues.
- Support the project team including processing, management and tracking of product development prototype units.
- Participate in technical reviews of the work performed by the group
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Coursework and/or project/lab experience in analysis, design, fabrication, and testing of mechanical designs.
- Use of 2D and 3D CAD Design and Analysis software applications.
- Experience using mechanical assembly and measurement tools, as well as other standard lab equipment.
- Works equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Product Life Cycle Management/Engineering Change Control.
- Experience using SolidWorks CAD Design and Analysis software.
- Understanding of structuring main and sub-assemblies, bills of materials.