To be the World's Most Loved Children's Brand, we need the best people to join our team! Radio Flyer holds a special place in people's hearts. This is true because Radio Flyer transports people to a happy time, to thebest parts of childhood, a time when anything was possible. For over 100 years, our company has produced innovative toys that inspire active play, bring smiles and create warm memories that last a lifetime. Beyond our classic Little Red Wagon, Radio Flyer invents and designs some of the most recognizable tricycles, ride-ons, scooters and battery-operated vehicles in the industry.
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace and received numerous awards such as, Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Entrepreneur and CultureIQ’s Top Company Culture, Wall Street Journal’s Top Small Workplaces, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and Crain’s Best Places to Work. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, headquartered in Chicago and lead by Robert Pasin, grandson of the company founder.
We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth.At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people's lives, they will feel great about Radio Flyer!”
VERY IMPORTANT - all resumes must be accompanied by sample portfolios in PDF format or include links to online portfolios in order to be considered for this position.
The mechanical engineering internship position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering support to the product design team and other company departments including customer service, quality control and supply chain.
- Contribute to building a 'rapid prototyping' culture to test and prove-out ideas by creating prototype parts by using rapid prototyping and traditional model making technologies.
- Participate in product testing of prototypes to aid the design process.
- Develop unique solutions to solve product design challenges.
- Support the Product Development engineers and designers to develop solid models, engineering drawings and BOMS's for new product concepts.
- Communicate with other engineers both in the U.S. and overseas through emails and conference calls.
- The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior, majoring in mechanical engineering with a 3.0+ grade point average
- CAD experience is required (SolidWorks preferred)
- Above all, the individual must be an effective problem solver who is committed to producing products of exceptional quality and beautiful design.
- Very important if possible, please include work examples, such as CAD images or prototype photos of past class work or intern work
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
FUN-omenal Customer Experiences
Live with Integrity
Yes I Can
Excellence in Everything
Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
At Radio Flyer, we appreciate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and are a proud equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please apply online atwww.radioflyer.com/careers
VERY IMPORTANT- all resumes must be accompanied by sample portfolios in PDF format or include links to online portfolios in order to be considered for this position.