MULTIVAC is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager. The right candidate will have previous experience in the following:
- Managing a team of design engineers thru the development and engineering of new hygienic processing and packaging machiney
- Be Subject Matter Expert in terms of corporate design guidelines and proceedures
- Be a source of mentorship and career growth to the individuals on the team
- Open to traveling to our international headquarters in order to bring relevant design information and education back to the design engineering team
- The right manager for this role is able to be hands on in assisting the team whenever is necessary
This position will travel up to 40% of the time. Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate internal and external customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and oversees the engineering design and project teams in support of Multivac equipment sales and customer service
- Ensures machinery designed, manufactured and documented in Kansas City is esthetically and functionally identical to machinery designed, manufactured and documented at parent company
- Establishes and documents engineering procedures and standards
- Manages departmental budgets
- Directs customer contact and travel as required based upon customer and sales requirements
- Ensures every project is shipped fully inspected with applicable manuals and documentation
- Plans, organizes, and directs engineering activities to meet manufacturing production schedules
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and ten years related experience in designing food processing or packaging equipment as well as previous experience managing direct reports.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, schematic designs, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in SolidWorks, Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint , and Project Management. Working knowledge of an ERP system and 2D design software required. SAP experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.