This position is responsible for leading the Mechanical (Equipment) section within the GFS Division by providing direction, leadership, and technical guidance to assistant, staff, and senior level Employee Owners within the mechanical discipline. Areas of responsibility include supporting the overall mechanical team, working in tandem with the other technical discipline leaders to successfully grow the business, facilitate staff development, hire new staff, and manage work assignments. Additional duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Providing administrative, supervisory and technical direction for assistant, staff, and senior level Mechanical (Equipment) Section personnel.
- Supporting or leading portions of engineering meetings and section meetings.
- Assigning work and reviewing performance to facilitate the cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Monitoring staffing levels to meet project requirements while maintaining billable goals.
- Conducting performance reviews and career development plans for the assistant, staff, and senior level Employee Owners within the Mechanical (Equipment) Section.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with recruiting, development, training, and retention of staff.
- Interpreting policies, procedures, and goals of the organization to staff.
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Working with the Engineering Manager to define objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines for the Mechanical (Equipment) Section.
- Advancing and developing discipline tools, processes and workflows to increase efficiency in both office and field work.
- Assisting with and leading proposal and cost estimating efforts for mechanical projects.
- Assisting the project managers and quality leader in setting quality review assignments and performing quality reviews.
- Performing project management responsibilities for small studies and projects. Assisting staff with project setup, coordinating with the client/team, handling billing/invoicing, change orders, project closeout, etc.
- Attending and participating in GFS division and engineering meetings.
- Reviewing and assisting staff and assistant level Employee Owners in forecasting and managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Conducing annual performance reviews and interim performance feedback for assistant, staff, and senior level Employee Owners within the Mechanical Section.
- Assist with staff planning, workload, and career development for assistant, staff, and senior level Employee Owners within the Mechanical Section.
- Performance of project work to maintain a high level of billability.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent from an accredited program. Minimum 7 years related professional experience in process/mechanical project execution including leading teams in the field or office, coordinating staff, and/or project management. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients. Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change. Candidates must possess strong project execution and interpersonal skills as well as a strategic perspective. Must be proficient in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).