Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work - operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. *Maintenance - Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) *Operations - Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) *Engineering - Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system recertification, project management/planning support.
- Will work with team members to provide estimates for mechanical, piping & equipment specializing in industrial construction with a focus on piping system repairs.
- Will review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required content of estimates & provide complete conceptual estimates and estimates prepared with incomplete plans to carry through to final estimates
Must be a US citizen. BS degree in appropriate discipline and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D.
- Experience estimating, and cost control, for design-build piping system projects.
- Experience estimating with P&ID drawings.
- Working knowledge of CostWorks estimating program or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with a high proficiency in Excel.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards, estimating techniques, engineering, scheduling, project delivery and cost control.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Office Environment. (75%)
Test/Industrial Environment - May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. Travel between facilities and test sites is required.
Must have sufficient mobility to enter into confined spaces, crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required. Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%)
Travel required («5%)
Other Essential Functions:
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. A valid driver's license is required.