The Human Health & Performance Systems Group focuses on objective, technology-based human-centered solutions to measure, model and modify cognitive and physiological function for enhancement, sustainment, or recovery. This goal is accomplished through three broad technical areas: health and resilience monitoring, trauma care, and performance enhancement. Research in all areas includes capability gap analysis, advanced sensing, machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms, biologically-based modeling, prototyping, system integration, and field testing of systems to monitor the human state, predict outcomes, and intervene to improve health and performance. Typical goals include increasing physical, cognitive and psychological performance and resilience of end-users in their operational environments; measuring, modeling, and modifying the brain to mitigate neurotrauma and neurodegeneration of end-users after exposure; and developing human-machine interfaces for enhanced end-user performance and communication within groups. This highly interdisciplinary group draws on skills from biology, physiology, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, biosignal processing, engineering, machine learning and artificial intelligence, computer science, physics, and medical research areas. Primary government sponsors and partners are in the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, NASA, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Science Foundation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position requires an engineer with core strength in creative problem solving through mechanical design and hands-on fabrication experience. The focus of the work will be the design and development of increasingly autonomous general medical and surgical devices, both at the systems level and detailed design level. Candidates should be capable of producing results within a small multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers, scientists, and clinicians, with minimal day-to-day direction. The candidate will be expected to propose and rapidly prototype novel methods, and assist with clinical trials.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Systems-level and detailed mechanical design including applied to medical devices
• Hands-on assembly and fabrication techniques
• 3D printing
• Proven creative problem solving through design
• Active Secret Clearance
• Designing for manufacturability and FDA approval
• General mechatronics design
• Design of robotics and control systems
• Microcontroller programming
• Experience with Matlab use and programming
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts