Facility Systems Engineering is looking for a mechanical engineer with hands on experience with mechanical systems, including boilers, HVAC, radiological ventilation, chillers and piping systems.
Facility Systems Engineering is a multi-discipline team of engineers. Facility Systems Engineering works collaboratively to support preventative maintenance, emergent repairs and new projects for systems and facility infrastructure located at our Niskayuna Site. Typical work include engineering emergent repairs to aging systems, generating technical specifications and cost estimates for new projects, developing temporary operating procedures to support repairs, supporting preventative maintenance, maintaining and updating system drawings and manuals, and performing programmatic rick assessments for mechanical systems.
Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor's procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with HVAC systems, Radiological Ventilation or Chiller Plants, including design, maintenance and operations.
Job Preferred Skills
- Direct Digital Controls experience
- Clean room ventilation experience
- Knowledgeable in ASHRAE code
- Knowledgeable in ASME B31.1
- Project Management experience
- Ability to mentor, both technically and professionally, junior engineers
- Ability to communicate clearly