Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Our Georgia-Pacific Memphis Cellulose facility is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your maintenance experience, knowledge, and skills while building a fulfilling career in the cellulose industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where directly impact your company this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities and no travel required.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting mechanical equipment and systems to maintain expected machine performance in a flow to work model
- Inspecting machinery to identify issues that may lead to unplanned downtime
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Performing various duties in the maintenance department related to assembly, repairs and fabrication of metal parts
- Using blueprints and designs sketches to ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels of finished product
- Reading and interpreting complex work instructions and documentation
- Recording maintenance and repairs in a computerized system
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Five (5) years or more of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, or manufacturing environment OR two (2) or more years mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment AND a two-year technical degree in related field
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing & installing conveyors, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Experience with pumps, packing, seals, piping, valves, fasteners, and gaskets
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, aligning and working with power transmissions, bearings, gearboxes and drive systems
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, cold, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
- Experience working with preventative, predictive, and reliability- based maintenance practices
- Willing and able to work an 8, 10, and 12-hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime, and call ins as required
- Willing and able to work in a team setting & communicate effectively to achieve productivity goals
- Willing and able to adapt to changing daily responsibilities and work with minimal direction
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with fabrication and welding
- Maintenance experience in the Pulp & Paper industry
- Knowledge of gears, sheaves, hubs and shafts to attain proper fit and clearance of equipment and drive components
- Experience with precision maintenance practices, specifically laser alignment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
The Georgia-Pacific Memphis, TN facility is one of the most diverse cotton cellulose producers in the market, and this year will be celebrating the site’s 100th year of operation! The Memphis Mill manufactures various grades of specialty pulp that is used in LED displays, coatings, plastics, currency papers, construction, pharmaceuticals, food additivities, thickeners, and filter applications.. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s cellulose business and products, please visitwww.gppackaging.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf