Tebarco Mechanical is a recognized leader in the mechanical construction industry and is looking to add a Mechanical Piping Designer to our team.The Mechanical Piping Designer will work in a team environment to develop accurate, constructible, coordinated and timely mechanical piping system models that are fully coordinated with the architectural and structural elements of the building and the other building trades. The Mechanical Piping Designer will also be responsible for accurate shop drawings that support the construction team.
The successful candidate will report to the team supervisor and interact with other detailers, project managers and the field superintendents.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following(other duties may be assigned):
- Ability to model in Revit environment consistent with company and project requirements.
- Accurately model mechanical piping systems in compliance with project plans, project specifications and code requirements.
- Coordinate all mechanical piping systems: ductwork, mechanical equipment, other trades, along with the architectural and structural elements of the building.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with project managers, project engineers and field superintendents during the drafting and construction process. This includes communicating any anticipated challenges as well as schedule in progress on a weekly basis.
- Proactively identify and communicate areas of deficiency/gaps along with proposed solutions to support the timely completion of work.
- Working with project manager and superintendent to create As-Built condition drawings for projects.
- Willingness to learn and actively pursues self-development of skills, has strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated; takes pride in work and accepts responsibility for his/her professionalism.
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Technical degree preferred, High School diploma required
- 1-3 years REVIT / AutoCAD experience
- Minimum of 3 years mechanical piping design experience.