REAL ALLOY is the global market leader in third-party aluminum recycling and specification alloy production. We operate in 23 facilities strategically located in 6 countries across North America and Europe. We convert aluminum scrap and by-products into reusable aluminum metal for a growing number of applications across various industries. Our headquarters is located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Purpose of the role
The Project Engineer will use his/her knowledge of project management to plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements and provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the business unit.
- Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations, and keeping abreast of current policies, procedures, ensuring outside vendors/contractors comply with the same. Investigate, develop and provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and the completion of capital projects This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, overseeing quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals Provide field engineering technical support, communication and advice to plant managers and operating personal concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or a as part of process improvement tasks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders.
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of capital projects.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field is required.
- 5 + years of related industrial experience, including planning, specification, and implementation of engineering design projects
- Project managment skills with experience overseeing projects in the million plus range.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor is a plus.
- Strong technical and process management skills are required in this position, with ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Must be able to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as encountered.
- Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities.
- Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
- Willingness to and interest in travel approximately 60% of the time, as needed.
- Six Sigma/PMP certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of aluminum processes is a plus.
REAL ALLOY is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.