The Superintendent position will manage assigned projects, including overseeing field and piping
operations, general safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, coordination with other superintendent and project leaders on the jobsite.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Plan and direct the work activities of piping activities.
- Directs piping personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Coordination of piping personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules.
- Support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for piping activities.
- Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action.
- Adhere to and support the company s Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
- Identify welding certification, training and experience appropriate for assignment scope.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Typically serve as lead person to coordinate process piping activities within their assigned scope in an active construction work site
- Coordinate and implement activities and any other resource necessary to assure a safe and quality execution
- Generally responsible to assure all work undertaken is within approved scope boundaries and is in full compliance
- Proven ability promoting outstanding customer service and client relations
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and electronic presentation programs
- May have to interact with Owner s Field Representative and outside testing agencies.
- Must be familiar with NDE requirements, Weld Mapping and Material Traceability
- Must be able to weld qualification test coupon for;
- FCAW and/or GMAW welding process in the 3G & 4G position using Carbon Steel plate.
- SMAW and GTAW welding processes in the 6G position with Carbon and/or Stainless Steel pipe.
- Positive can do attitude & strong work ethic.
- Ability to take detailed instruction.
- Willing to be challenged to improve welding skills to meet high quality standards.
- Must be able to read & understand weld symbols, weld procedures, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
- Must be able to use Oxy/fuel & Plasma hand cutting torch.
- Daily housekeeping of shop and/or work area.
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Time Off
Strobel Energy Group is a dynamic, privately owned firm based in Clarks, Nebraska that has built a strong reputation providing mid-stream energy infrastructure engineering, procurement, construction and operations specializing in liquid energy rail, truck and pipeline infrastructure facilities. Strobel empowers its employees to engage with customers, become a project team member to contribute to developing solutions and execute on projects. It is a rewarding environment that acknowledges and rewards excellence. Safely servicing the Energy Sector since 1986, Strobel teams with US crude producers and refiners to build and operate the infrastructure to facilitate rail and truck movements of products across North America.
Strobel Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.