The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the assembly of all mechanical components of automation equipment per supplied mechanical drawings and the assembly of pneumatic components. Will also be performing the mechanical portions of testing, debugging, installing and repairing automation equipment. The Mechanical Technician has a full understanding of Bill of Materials and the ability to work with others.
- Assemble complex mechanical components per supplied mechanical drawings:
- Basic understanding of GD&T.
- Use adhesives properly and accordingly.
- Subassembly installation and alignment.
- Fastener Torque Specs – Understand materials and tolerances.
- Understand and use torque sequence.
- Arbor press – proper use and blocking.
- Order of operations.
- Sensor installation and set-up.
- Set-up proximity sensors.
- Identify and troubleshoot mechanical/pneumatic problems and implement solutions:
- Address minor assembly issues.
- Plan for the assembly process of complex mechanical assemblies to optimize factors of logical assembly, available parts and production resources available to achieve on time delivery at the best cost.
- Determine what pneumatic components are required and assemble per pneumatic diagrams:
- Tubing identification and callout.
- Interpret pneumatic diagrams.
- Wiring/tubing routing.
- Set-up pneumatic flow controls.
- Basic understanding of component fabrication.
- Machine mechanical components using conventional and CNC machine tools:
- Basic manual machining.
- Lathe, Mills, and Drill.
- Use tapping unit in the machine shop.
- Dimensional layout.
- Perform intermediate measurement skills such as indicator and micrometer.
- Assist engineering with machine and component design by contributing ideas for the resolution of design problems in a constructive manner.
- Drive personal or company vehicle to customers’ facilities for installation or service work, or to local vendors to obtain parts.
- Have a complete understanding of Bill of Material structure and how to use all internal resources to determine parts required, status of parts and manufacturers part numbers.
- Create simple but accurate mechanical sketches; mark modifications onto existing drawings.
- Assist in the de-bug phase of production (modify, re-machine, re-assemble).
- Inspect incoming manufactured parts for quality and conformance to print.
- Assist Controls and Electrical Technicians with mounting of electrical components.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Good knowledge of pneumatic control and common devices.
- Excellent documentation ability.
- Skilled in interpreting mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Skilled in the use of basic hand and power tools, especially hex keys, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, cutting tools, measuring tools, drills, and grinders.
- Basic knowledge of machine shop practice using conventional and CNC machine tools.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks, Cadkey, AutoCAD and Inventor to create drawings highly desired.
- Ability to use PCs to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Knowledge of general safety standards.
Your Education and Experience:
- Two to five years of experience as a mechanical technician with recent high tech mechanical assembly experience.
- High school diploma/or equivalent are required for this position.
- One to two years of machining experience is strongly desired.
- Two to five years of calendar experience in the installation of equipment on the customer’s site.
The employee is required to communicate with staff including talking and listening. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; bend, stoop, grasp. The employee may be working at a personal computer workstation for long periods.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2019.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: www.lexiconsolutions.com/jobs
Industrial / Mechanical Engineering Technician