DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
PalliativeCare Program Director
Hartford HealthCare(HHC), themost comprehensive, integrated health care system in Connecticut, includesseven acute care hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks inNew England, robust Rehabilitation and Home Care organizations, and a largemulti-specialty medical group in which more than 1,000 engaged physicians andadvanced practitioners practice primary and specialty care throughout thestate.
HHC is seeking a PalliativeCare Program Director to join a highly skilled and collegial team to provideoperational and clinical leadership for all palliative care services in itsCentral Region, including the Hospital of Central Connecticut and MidStateMedical Center. The successful candidateis a doctor of medicine with fellowship training in palliative care or at least3 years of clinical experience in palliative care. In this role, the Director identifiesopportunities to improve and expand the program with a focus on improving the patientand family experience.
Practice Palliative Care Medicine with an Exceptional Team
• Oversee the work of the palliative care clinical teammembers at the Hospital of Central CT (HOCC) and MidState Medical Center.
• Participate and provide clinical leadership in thedevelopment and review of appropriate clinical protocols and programs.
• Lead weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings reviewingthe care of patients on service.
• Oversee and mentor the Palliative Care APRNs for theCentral Region.
• Oversee the Palliative Care Social Work leadBereavement Program.
• Coordinate annual strategic planning for the palliativecare program, including the annual Board of Trustees meeting for the WolfsonPalliative Care program.
• Develop and oversee metrics and Quality initiatives todemonstrate program impact.
• Provide leadership in the identification of PalliativeCare education needs for hospital staff and development of effectiveeducational strategies.
• Work with hospital leadership to enhance thepalliative care program’s community outreach to physicians, the public,healthcare facilities, and other applicable organizations in the com
Located just two hoursfrom Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England’smost stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed schools, achoice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb inAmerica.”
Interested candidates, please contact: Pam Lasser, Physician Recruiterwith Hartford HealthCare
Mobile: (860) 306-8009
Doctor of Medicine with fellowshiptraining in palliative care or at least 3 years of clinical experience inpalliative care.
Critical Success Factors:
(1) Board certification oreligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
(2) Experience in working as partof an interdisciplinary team
(3) Experience in other specialtycollaboration for community based Palliative Care program.