We Are Hiring
Great Opportunity for someone with ASCP certification or ASCP eligible!
Cover vacations and absences in our lab to earn extra income
Med Tech III - Laboratory -- PRN (contingent) -- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital -- Rochester, MI
- This is a PRN/contingent role without guaranteed hours which requires the ability to cover shifts as needed.
- You may be scheduled to work days or nights, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital , you will have the opportunity to, under general supervision, Works closely with the Section Head of his/her assigned section toward the completion of the section workload. This effort is directed toward the timely, efficient, accurate and precise production of laboratory data. Duties may encompass but not exclusively entail working with various devices, machines and instruments that aid in the production of the clinical data. Additionally, handles specimens from various sources (i.e., whole blood, serum, plasma, urine, body fluids, tissues and feces) and all age groups of patients which may be infectious in nature.
- For patients of all age groups, performs all required analytical, chemical, immunological, macroscopic, microscopic and bacteriological procedures in order to provide accurate data for use by a physician customer for the diagnosis and treatment of disease in a timely, efficient manner. Maintains confidentiality in the processing of specimens and handling of all laboratory data.
- Ascertains that quality control procedures are followed prior to releasing clinical data. Documents as required quality control data according to laboratory policy and procedure.
- Performs appropriate documentation of laboratory procedures to assure the accuracy of laboratory records. Accurately enters clinical data into the laboratory computer system where appropriate.
- Participates in continuing education to keep current on new advancements in technology, instrumentation, techniques and procedures.
- Performs duties promptly, accurately, efficiently and precisely with no wasted effort. Pays heed to conservation of resources.
- May perform simple troubleshooting of equipment and/or reagent systems. Refers more complex problems to appropriate person.
- May prepare reagents, media and/or solutions used in bio-analytical procedures. Reconstitutes controls, standards and reagents as required.
- Employing Standard precautions, collects blood specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture assuring the specimens integrity and identity is maintained and without undue physical and mental stress to patients of all age groups.
- Participates in teaching of new employees if called upon to do so. May develop certain portions of the curriculum if requested.
- Handles routine telephone inquiries and messages courteously and efficiently. Refers other inquiries to appropriate person. Conducts self in a professional, courteous, cooperative manner at all times. Is aware of team spirit at all times.
- Observes established safety guidelines and policies to minimize hazards to self and other coworkers.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the persons served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist Registry eligible required upon hire and must achieve American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Certification (Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Technologist) within one year of hire/transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Working ability to perform all clinical procedures and techniques under little supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.