The Media Director, Media Strategy is a key member of the Media Strategy team and is responsible for managing the strategic development and execution of our client(s) media plans and day-to-day client relationship. In collaboration with the Group Director, Media Strategy, you will work with our Analytics team and other resources to analyze data, develop the media strategy, direct the team in implementation and stewardship. You will also ensure that the planning team is managed efficiently, trained properly and fosters development.
• Have intimate knowledge of the client(s) business/brand, competitive environment, industry trends and their overall marketing plans/goals.
• Oversee the management, development, and execution of media plans across all markets, including Video (TV/Streaming), Digital (desktop, mobile, tablet), Radio (linear and streaming), Print, OOH, and Experiential Media. Local planning experience is critical.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, vendors, publishers, team members and internal creative resources to ensure a smooth implementation of campaigns. Active collaboration is critical.
• Provide POV’s on various media topics and provide a strategic level of thinking to our clients
• Oversee and aide in the implementation, optimization and performance of campaigns and give strategic feedback on the campaigns to internal and external teams.
• Manage and be accountable for media budgets and client billing.
• Develop staff and help identify areas of development and help them work towards their goals.
• Advise and address media related issues based on changes in direction, goals and budgets
• Maintain close contact with media representatives to keep current on data pertaining to the markets they serve. Serve as an ambassador for agency.
• 10-12+ years media planning experience at either a media agency or advertising agency.
• Experience working in an integrated (media/creative) agency preferred.
• Local planning experience essential.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the production of integrated campaigns.
• Proven experience across all channels including digital.
• Experience managing teams and multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present ideas in front of internal teams and clients.
• Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail and ability to drive multiple projects from conception to completion.
• High level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Keynote.
• Knowledge of MediaTools and third party marketing research/tools like comScore, Doubleclick, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar/Nielsen Monitor Plus, Mediaocean,IMS/Memri, SQAD, preferred.
At Campbell Ewald, we believe that the things that make us different make us better. All VoiCEs are valued.
It is the policy of Campbell Ewald, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.