About Gray Television:'
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second-highest-rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About Vertical Sales:
Gray Vertical Sales provides marketing and advertising support for healthcare and automotive clients. The Vertical Sales team works directly with national accounts and local station sales teams to develop incremental and new revenue for these two important revenue categories.
Job Summary - (Job based in Charlotte, NC):
The media planner manages the preparation process and campaign reporting operations for all healthcare accounts. This person will take ownership of integrated media campaigns (from helping to refine strategy and building presentations, through campaign implementation and post-buying reporting). Accounts include hospitals, health systems, insurance groups and multi-physician practice groups.
The media planner will work in tandem with regional sales managers and station sales team to prepare for client presentations and campaign reporting meetings. The media planner is responsible for developing high-quality presentations and client strategies that focus on increasing client retention and up-selling accounts. This person will work directly with advertising agencies, practice managers, physicians and marketing directors to recommend campaign solutions and adjustments that facilitate the business' growth. The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate a strong understanding of television and digital advertising.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage campaign strategy from start to finish to ensure clean execution and delivery of client's digital campaigns
- Review client background information that is used to develop client presentations and work with respective stations to fill in any missing gaps, ensuring sales team has thorough information in advance of client meetings
- Prepare and research for client meetings, working closely with the regional sales managers
- Create all client presentations
- Prepare and deliver ongoing reporting and performance analyses of digital campaigns ensuring they are scheduled in a timely manner
- Manage, track and optimize account performance to maximize client satisfaction and renewal business
- Makes recommendations for up-sell opportunities. Develops and participates in up-sell and renewal presentations
- Reacts to change productively
- Deliver on deadline and capable of managing priorities all while working in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment
- Invest in a long-term commitment to team and business growth, all while supporting company goals and objects and contributing to team's success
- Must be a "people person" who is comfortable with a high volume of phone and webinar calls with C-level clientele and internal managers
- Creative and strategic, with the ability to thrive solving problems
- Position is located at corporate offices in Charlotte, NC
- Bachelors' degree, preferably in business, marketing, communications or healthcare policy.
- Multi-platforms sales background
- 3+ years experience as a sales/marketing representative for a media company
- Strong knowledge of television, digital and healthcare industries.
- Creative & strategic, with the ability to thrive creating custom presentations
- Must be able to work and thrive in a team environment, and work well with other departments, especially the production, ad operations, and content teams
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Proven track record in achieving/exceeding sales goals
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Position will be located at corporate offices in Charlotte, NC
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.