The Media Planner plays a key role indeveloping integrated media strategy and media plans for their assignedclients. They evaluate plan options,develop POV’s on media opportunities and utilize appropriate media tools andresearch to develop plans. They areresponsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of plan implementation andexecution. They are current with themedia marketplace and they maintain relationships with outside vendors. They train less experienced Assistant Plannersand they manage media budgets and flowcharts.
- Review and understand the marketingsituation analysis for brand/strategy
- Utilize media research tools andresources to aid in campaign management
- Support and work with the MediaSupervisor/Associate Media Director to develop media strategy that will meetclient objectives
- Develop hypotheses and draw conclusionsfrom the analyses of marketing and media data
- Lead in the development of the mediarecommendations
- Seek Client’s approval of plans andrecommendations on a timely basis
- Develop final buy recommendations
- Oversee the preparation, accuracy andtimeliness of digital, print broadcast, and out-of-home space agreements
Media Account Management
- Maintain a written record of all Clientagreements and next steps
- Initiate and maintain all aspects ofmedia billing and budgeting
- Main accuracy of planning costs/rates
- Keep abreast of creative availabilityand timetables
- Keep team informed of space and materialdeadlines
- Help prepare brand reviews and mediatraining programs
- Campaign stewardship, optimization andreporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years in media planningrequired. B2B, Consumer or e-Commerceexperience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of general advertisingand campaign performance metrics
- Clear understanding of the mediaplanning and buying process (multi-channel preferred)
- Experience and skill in negotiationswith media vendors
- Understanding of media research toolsand how to effectively use them
- Ability to understand client objectivesand how they translate into media strategies
- Ability to manage day-to-day programexecution
- Proficiency in computer skills—MicrosoftOffice, Media Research and Online serving/reporting tools
- Solid writing and communication skills,comfort level in presenting to clients and ability to sell ideas to clients andmedia partners
- Good time management and organizationhabits
- Solid team player, mentor and trainer toless experienced staff
- A personality clients, vendors and agencystaff will adore
If you meet the above requirements, sendus a cover letter telling us why you would be a good candidate, your salaryrange requirements and your resume.
We are an independent media agencyinstilling thoughtful strategy and digital expertise into media implementationand analytics. Mediasmith makes impactful media simple.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunityemployer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a hip,new Financial District location.
We are only able to respond tocandidates selected for interviews.