|Reference # :||19-11487||Title :||Media Prep Tech|
|Location :||South San Francisco, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/12/2019 / 12/13/2019|
|This is a swing shift -12:30pm - 9:00pm.|
Must have cleared MVR.
Pay Rate is (USD)***/hr.
The GMP Media Prep lab is responsible for producing microbiological media, cell culture media, and various solutions and buffers for use throughout different GMP groups across the network. The Media Prep Technician will be a member of the Material Operations & Lab Services (MOLS) organization, which includes Material Operations, Media Prep and Lab Services Teams, and Maintenance Repair & Operations (MRO). Specific responsibilities for this position will focus on preparation of stock solutions such as reagents, buffers, microbiological, tissue culture and requested media as needed. Operate process equipment such as autoclaves and various lab instruments while working effectively within the group to meet department goals and objectives.
- Maintain inventory levels of procurred media
- Label procurred media promptly upon receipt
- Communicate inventory levels and any necessary adjustments to area supervisor
- Complete packing and shipping process to send media to buildings around SSF and off site locations
- Complete assigned orders promptly, and communicate with customers effectively on any status updates to their orders
- Maintain training and GMP compliance requirements
- Assist Media Prep Technicians when necessary
- Complete associated support tasks to ensure the lab operates efficiently
- Be able to effectively communicate with peers, customers, and management
- Appropriate use of email, corporate calendar, and internal ordering system
- Be able to effectively organize workload, maintain inventory levels, and prioritize incomming shipments
- Knowledgable with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Able to lift 40 lbs