Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Media Research Analyst
We are actively seeking people who thrive on the mechanics and nuances of media research, data gathering, and analysis to provide up-to-the-minute situational awareness of topics concerning national security and foreign policy.
Candidates will provide tailored public affairs research and analysis for a range of U.S. government and corporate clients. To include analyzing multiple open-source and news media formats (print, online, television, radio, and social) and encapsulate key information into easily consumed themes and trends to aid senior officials in their day-to-day decision-making.
Please take note of these critical items:
1: U.S. citizenship and a DOD issued Secret clearance that is either active or has been dormant less than 24 months;
2. We are currently seeking Media Analysts for two (2) shifts which are full-time, W-2 positions. You will be asked to specify if you can work either or both shifts.
a. "Combination Shift", Monday - Friday, based on a blend of shifts covering 9 am-5pm, Noon to 8 pm, and 3 pm to 11 pm, with some occasional rotational weekend coverage. Most of the work will be performed on-site in Arlington, VA, 22202, at the Pentagon.
b. overnight shifts, approximately 11 pm to 7 am, Monday - Friday, with some rotational weekend coverage, with most work covered by Remote / Telecommute.
Duties and Responsibilities
We require people with hands-on experience capturing, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting open-source mainstream and social media coverage, as it relates to a large and complex organization. We are adamant about fresh perspectives without bias.
You will use your detailed analysis and superb communication skills (verbal and written) to prepare briefings, executive summaries, point papers, and related products.
Those with a natural curiosity in current events on a national and global level and who would consider themselves a consumer of defense and national security news will truly enjoy this opportunity.
- U.S. citizenship and a DOD issued Secret clearance that is either active or has been dormant less than 24 months;
- 4-year degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, History, International Relations or a related major;
- 2+ years of relevant professional media research and analysis experience;
- Experience with one or more of the following: Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, TVEyes, Meltwater, Cision or another social analytics tool;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines;
- strong verbal and presentation skills for occasional in-person presentations and reviews with senior & executive level federal and/or DOD officials;
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Those with a natural curiosity in current events on a national and global level and who would consider themselves a consumer of defense and national security news will truly enjoy this opportunity.
- Past experiences supporting business missions such as Public Affairs, Business Intelligence, or other Strategic Communications efforts are preferred.
Please apply directly via this link: https://careers-gryphonlc.icims.com/jobs/6234/media-research-analyst/job
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.