The candidate must be customer centric, self-sufficient, able to balance the demands of delivering results in the short-term while helping the team to steer the organization in delivering on its long-term business objectives.
The specific responsibilities of this role are defined as:
• Analyze large data sets of information from multiple sources to understand key business and sales drivers, and be able present the analysis to decision makers, stakeholders, or clients.
• Create sales proposals and/or reports for the sales and management team regarding a specific sales proposal, issue or subject with a short turnaround time.
• Use external and internal data sources to create sales charts and tables, and present those findings to executive management team and/or client.
• Measure sales performance through the use of external and internal benchmarks/metrics.
• Monitor, measure, and analyze advertising sales topic(s) of specific interest to management team, and be able to write an executive memo/report regarding the topic(s).
• Create ad-hoc sales analysis reports for the sales and management teams.
• Perform the technical work to capture and analyze data sets for creating advertising spending reports.
• Partner with business and functional colleagues to determine data needed for analysis, and able to perform the analysis in a team environment.
• Prepare and deliver senior level management media sales analysis reports regarding a specific advertiser, category, market, or industry.
• Collaborate and be the extended member of the executive management team to the ad sales teams and to internal and external stakeholders.
• Primary point of contact for all media sales analysis.
• At least 1+ year of professional experience in producing reports and presentations to executive management team.
• Proven experience of deep data mining, modeling, and analyses
• Hands-on, “in the trenches” style, ability to drive projects to closure while coordinating with multiple operational groups with little guidance
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
• Expert analytical skills (including knowledge of analytical methods, techniques and tools); able to quickly acquire an understanding of a problem or situation, and identify practical alternatives weighing up the benefits in order to recommend a high-level solution.
• Knowledge of traditional and digital media landscape.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to multitask and handle deadlines.
• High level of urgency: needs to know and let others know, takes initiative, reacts quickly, and communicates quickly and frequently.
• Keen sense of priorities, balances the important and the urgent, switches gears quickly, knows when to do a cursory glance and when to be thorough and methodical.
• High powers of comprehension: conquers new concepts easily, can absorb enormous amounts of information on multiple subjects, and grasps nuances.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, writes with speed, clarity, and simplicity.
• Basic to intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics and/or Finance preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, likeClark.com,Dawg Nation,SEC Country,Hookem.com,Mundo Hispanico,Southern KitchenandDiehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses ofCoxReps- the country’s biggest television rep firm -Gamut, andVidea. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online atwww.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.