The Media Specialist will place Print Media buys with newspapers and shared mail vendors. The Media Specialist will help create strategies to improve print targeting. The candidate will assist the Print Advertising division in compiling sales analysis projects and provide data entry tasks and team support of the Print Advertising division. This includes being able to multi-task, problem solve, and manage multiple timelines. Ideally, the right candidate for this role will continually review internal tools, processes, and workflows to identify and drive forward opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency. There is opportunity for growth with this position by moving from placement of media to ultimately managing media strategies and procurement of advertising.
* Assists the Print Operations Manager with placement of Preprint Advertising and compiling preprint buys into a Printer Run List
* Assists the Print Operations Manager with Preprint projects for the Storewide Division
* Assists the Print Media VP on sales analysis projects
* Assists the Print Media VP on financial analysis projects
* Assists the Print Media VP on compilation and negotiation of advertising contracts
* Assists the Advertising Analysts with organizing data and compiling spreadsheets
* Pulls daily/weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports from internal software systems
* Reviews data and reports for quality assurance
* Updates the Vendor Contact database
* Files advertising preprints
* Assist other departments as needed on projects including compilation of data, creating spreadsheets or documents to display data or showcase a strategy, creating maps from mapping software, and developing outputs that improve efficiency.
* 4-year College degree required in marketing, advertising or a business-related field
* Excellent computer skills -- advanced Excel proficiency required
* Some relevant work experience or internship in related areas.
* High attention to detail and work accuracy
* Must be a team player with the ability to work independently
* Strong time-management and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability on multiple software systems (any)
* Aspiration to grow skills to manage media projects and/or media strategies
* Flexible under changing deadlines and focuses on detailed execution
* Motivation to research trends and continue to develop knowledge regarding advertising industry
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled