Medicaid Program Advisor (OHIP EXEC) in Albany, NY
Additional Requirements and Day-to-Day Tasks of Position
The position will support the Department of Health in a very transformative effort to transition the NYS Medicaid healthcare delivery system to a value based payment model and to achieve the goals of the NYS Value Based Payment (VBP) Roadmap. The position will report directly to the Director of Medicaid Payment Reform and will be responsible for a number of tasks related to policy development, stakeholder engagement and project management.
- Support policy development for value-based payment in the areas of MLTC, Performance Measurement, Contracting, Finance, and Social Determinants of Health
- Support development of presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Create and review policy guidance documentation and provide feedback
- Analyze and process data
- Support updates to the VBP Roadmap
- Support development of the VBP Workgroup agenda and meeting materials
- Support VBP Steering Committee
- Manage certain project activities, as identified by the Director, related to finance, SDH, performance measurement, Contracting, etc.
- Support, lead and facilitate internal and external facing meetings with stakeholders on VBP
- Develop concise and clear agendas
- Develop clear and accurate meeting materials
- Record meeting follow up action items and questions
- Record meeting minutes summary
Support Director of VBP
- Support the Director in external facing meetings and presentations (may require travel depending on conference/meeting location)
- Work with multiple DOH Divisions to continue implementation of VBP
- Support the Director in day to day activities (meetings, policy development, program support, etc.
Position and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree ( Masters Degree preferred )
- 8 years� experience
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to quickly pick up content and subject matter related to health care
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple workstreams
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of Medicaid, DSRIP and value based payment is preferred
- Minimal travel, ~15% of time.