Marathon Health is seeking a part-time Medical Assistant (MA) who has knowledge and experience in primary care and preventative services to treat and work with employees and families of USANA at their on-site corporate health and wellness center in Salt Lake City.
This is a 32 hour per week position with excellent compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
If you are a Medical Assistant who wants to work in a setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you! Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting both the front and back office, including greeting and rooming patients, scheduling, answering phones, taking vitals, drawing blood, administering vaccines, and providing additional clinical support wherever needed. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the center’s staff is a key ingredient to success in this position.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical assistant experience (in addition to an externship)
- Medical Assistant Certification strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Phlebotomy/venipuncture and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience required
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with patients and strong computer skills required
- You should want to work in an environment where health education and outreach is important to you and challenges you to make a difference