WHO WE ARE
Join the Team – Make A Difference! Work at AID Atlanta, an affiliate of AHF.
AID Atlanta, Inc. has been saving and transforming lives since its inception in 1982. The agency is the Southeast’s oldest, largest, and most comprehensive AIDS Service Organization.
Today, AID Atlanta offers a broad range of services and has grown to be the most comprehensive AIDS service organization in the Southeast. AID Atlanta currently offers HIV/AIDS prevention and care services, including (but not limited to) Primary Care, HIV/STD Screening, PrEP, Community HIV Prevention Programs, Linkage Services, Case Management, and a state-wide Information Hotline.
The mission of AID Atlanta is to reduce new HIV infections and improve the quality of life of its clients by breaking barriers and building community.
AID Atlanta’s core values:
If you would like to be a part of fostering empowerment in someone’s life, AID Atlanta is the place for you.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO OUR SUCCESS!
The Medical Assistant is responsible for projecting and integrating the Mission and Core Values of the organization within and outside of the Healthcare Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Healthcare Center, the Nursing Department and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Documents patient's weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure at patient healthcare visit as ordered or per protocol
- Collects samples such as urine, blood and stool specimens in the Healthcare Centers as ordered and instructs patients in home collection of urine, stool and sputum specimens, when appropriate
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered and prepares specimens for transport to laboratory
- Documents services performed for compliance and reporting purposes
- Reviews physician orders, lab requests or follow-up needs with patient
- Collaborates with other nursing personnel and participates as a team member. May receive laboratory results over the telephone and transmit them to the licensed nurse and the patient's medical provider in a timely manner
- Administers Purified Protein Derivative (PPD), as ordered
- Reports changes in patient's physical status to the Nurse Manager, other nurses or medical provider
- Assists nursing and medical staff with examinations and procedures as assigned
- Documents observations as requested by an MD and/or Nurse Manager in the patient's medical record
- Receives and processes medication refill requests; verifies medication request with healthcare provider and obtains appropriate documentation
- Ensures maintenance of patient confidentiality
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of examination rooms
- Maintains logs as directed by the Nurse Manager
- Communicates in a tactful and professional manner
- Maintains standard precautions for infection control
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with certification. Current CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) License required
We at AID Atlanta believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.