SALTA of Auburn Hills is looking for a full-time quality leader with excellent communication skills who can assist providers with daily operations and patient care duties at their primary care practice in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary clinical judgments. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients.
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff and the practice.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own clinical practice and patient safety.
- Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Develop and conduct the fitness testing services available, including EKG treadmill tests, oxygen uptakes, body composition analysis, and muscle strength, flexibility and endurance assessments (on-site training will be provided for all testing).
- Prepare patients and perform resting EKGs, holter monitors, and other diagnostic and monitoring procedures.
- Monitor patients’ vital signs and be prepared to perform CPR or other necessary emergency first aid procedures, while seeking appropriate medical assistance.
- Prescribe specific programs of exercise to patients and counsel them on how to achieve their fitness goals.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
- Performs all other administrative duties, i.e. abstracting, answering phones, scheduling, typing, filing, faxing, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduate from an accredited program required.
- Certification in BCLS upon hire
- 3-5 years related clinical work experience required.
- Health education and wellness program experience preferred
- Basic familiarity with computers and ability to navigate within web-based applications and Electronic Health Records is required. Experience with EPIC EMR is preferred.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package that exceeds those offered by other medical practices in our region. Our benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance with employer contributions to health savings account, group life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, 401K retirement plan with matching options and so much more.