At National Spine & Pain Centers (NSPC), our platform of success is composed of a history of excellence, recognized distinction, groundbreaking treatment options, convenient locations, and long-term results.
We currently are looking for a Medical Assistant to support our team in Babylon, NY. This role will ensure that quality services are provided consistently to meet the needs of our patients, providers and organization as a whole.
Additionally and working under the guidance of the Center Manager, the Medical Assistant will:
- Greet patients in waiting area, exam room, and/or procedure room, as appropriate.
- Prepare patients for care, ensuring comfort and safety at all times.
- Anticipate and support the needs and preferences of the Provider(s) and patients by managing daily patient flow and acting as a constant liaison between the Provider(s) and patients.
- Monitor clinical messages by effectively communicating information to the Provider(s) and relaying associated responses back to patients.
- Organize, clean, and prepare exam, procedure, and recovery rooms before and after each patient.
- Take and record patients’ vitals, nothing any changes or areas of concern.
- Complete documentation for patient charts by obtaining diagnostic studies (e.g., labs, X-rays, path reports, etc.); reviewing current medications, dosage, and dosage schedule; noting any allergies; and recording Provider(s’) orders and prescriptions.
- Provide patients with any needed discharge/follow-up instructions, educational brochures, and dietary requirements.
- Assist with follow-up programs when assigned by performing pre/post procedure patient calls.
- Prepare patients for the exam process and procedures by performing effective positioning, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment according to specific instructions, and adjusting exposure controls.
- Gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of treatment, and answering any questions.
- Follow safety and infection control procedures at all times by maintaining individual protective protocols to X-ray exposure (aprons, shields, badges, etc.); maintaining disposable sterile equipment, supplies, and accessories following standards outlined in the Policy & Procedures Manual; properly disposing of contaminated waste following Universal Precautions and OSHA regulations; and maintaining knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Assess medical and emergency equipment and accessories on a daily basis (when the Center is in operation), and report any equipment malfunctioning to the Center Manager.
- Maintain all procedure room supplies and inventory including inspecting current stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt of shipments.
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations, the NSPC Code of Conduct, the NSPC Employee Handbook, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws.
- Understand, comply with, and enforce all NSPC policies, procedures, codes of conduct, and OSHA and HIPAA privacy rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We require the following:
- A high school degree or equivalent education and training.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program OR completion of EMT-B training courses or above, required. CMA and/or RMA certifications are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical Medical Assistant experience, preferably in a specialty practice, required.
- Excellent patient care skills and awareness of the legal implications of work and words in healthcare.
- Knowledge of business/healthcare operations and standards of best practice, preferably those related to a specialty care provider.
- Knowledge of and experience with EMR and/or Electronic Practice Management systems and technologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness and proactivity.
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times by communicating effectively and professionally with a diverse population.
- Authorization to work in the United States without requiring authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- A satisfactory background check inclusive of driving records, criminal records, employment references, education, social security and OIG exclusions.
NSPC offers a wide variety of benefits, including but not limited to competitive compensation, comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance options, life and other ancillary insurance plans, a 4% employer-matched 401(k), holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
We encourage all prospective candidates to learn more about NSPC by viewing our website at http://www.treatingpain.com.
If you would like to join our team, please apply clicking the “START YOUR APPLICATION” button located above/below this description. Please note that incomplete submissions will NOT be considered, and we are not able to respond to telephone requests for information related to our openings.
National Spine & Pain Centers is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.