Medical Assistant (Back Office Assistant)
Busy Ob-Gyn practice in Elkhart, IN, seeks an experienced Back Office Assistant. Previous experience with Ob-Gyn preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Must have medical office experience.
- Conducting patient education and patient history.
- Checking vitals.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Keep exam rooms tidy and stocked with appropriate medical supplies.
- Prepare patients for physician examination based on office protocol.
- Assist physician(s) with examination and procedures as directed.
- Orders medication prescriptions as directed by the physician.
- Maintains current, accurate medical information in the patients chart as well as patient demographics and insurance information.
- Collects specimens for lab testing by drawing blood.
- Performs patient treatments and education as directed by the physician.
- Responsible for making/ and or coordinating appointments with other physicians or for ancillary services.
- Knowledge of CPT / ICD-10 coding and medical terminology is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive pay and a great work environment. Qualified candidates, please submit resume and salary requirements.