PPOSBC has a full time Medical Assistant Opportunity in Mission Viejo, CA!
- Schedule is a 4/10 work week (one weekend day is required)
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Medical and Dental Coverage after one full month!
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits!
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%
Visit our career page at www.pposbccareers.org for details
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks).
- Perform blood draws.
- Process specimens for outside lab test.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.).
- Clean and sterilize equipment, stock exam rooms.
- Assist licensed staff, as needed
- MA only patient visits and offer and review written information on pregnancy options.
- Obtain patient medical history.
- Provide information and instruction on abortions to patients, makes appointments/refers for follow-up medical services.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the manager.
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited school is required.
- Current or recent experience in a fast paced outpatient clinical setting is strongly desired for this position.
- Bilingual- English/Spanish required.
Planned Parenthood/Orange and San Bernardino Counties is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, equal pay, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military, veteran status or any other federal or state protected class. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.