Planned Parenthood of Orange County and San Bernardino is looking for a full-time Medical Assistant at our Westminster Health Center.
- Schedule is a 4/10 work week (one weekend day is required)
- Bilingual skills required (English/Spanish).
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits!
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%!
For more information about our benefits and more, visit us at: www.pposbccareers.org
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks).
- Perform blood draws.
- Process specimens for outside lab test.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.).
- Clean and sterilize equipment, stock exam rooms.
- Assist licensed staff, as needed
- MA only patient visits and offer and review written information on pregnancy options.
- Obtain patient medical history.
- Provide information and instruction on abortions to patients, makes appointments/refers for follow-up medical services.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the manager.
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Minimum 1 year of medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities.
- Must possess a warm, caring demeanor.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to read and implement written instructions.
- Ability to physically assist a patient in distress.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required.
Licensure and/or Certification Requirements:
- Medical Assistant’s Certificate from an accredited school required.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development “GED”
Minimum Work Experience:
- Experience in clinical setting preferred.
- Reproductive, managed/primary health care experience.
- Bilingual - Spanish required for this position.
Agency Standard Requirements:
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service is required.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must demonstrate high level computer skills including; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Electronic medical records experience may also be required.
Planned Parenthood/Orange and San Bernardino Counties is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, equal pay, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military, veteran status or any other federal or state protected class. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.