At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for the performing the clinical assistant and secretarial functions of the Primary Care Center. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- 2. Checks patients in prior to physician/ provider visit.
- 2.1 Identifies patient using two patient identifiers and wrist band
- 3. Performs data entry associated with patient visit.
- 3.1 Verifies that specimens are labeled properly 100% of the time and with the patient present as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Practice precaution procedures as required.
- 4.1 Changes gloves between drawing all patients 100% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Performs venipunctures and skin punctures on patients.
- 5.1 Answers patients questions regarding specimen collection or testing procedures as observed by supervisor and as evidenced by feedback from patients.
- 6. Performs urine collections.
- 6.1 Provides appropriate collection container to the patient and directs them to the nearest lavatory as observed by supervisor.
- 7. Obtains vital signs, routine urine testing and blood glucose testing.
- 7.1 Obtains patient temperature according to Hospital guidelines with 100% accuracy as evidenced by random monitoring by supervisor.
- 8. Utilizes equipment as necessary.
- 8.1 Initializes computer systems as required according to Hospital guidelines and EPIC guidelines with demonstratedaccuracy as observed by supervisor.
- 9. Completes non-therapeutic functions as assigned by supervisor without reminder.
- 9.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic functions 90-95% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 10. Performs other duties as required.
- 10.1 Assists in maintaining medical and clerical supply stocks to a minimum of 100% reserve level as evidenced by feedback from staff and lack of zero supply level.
- 11. Performs ECG's as necessary and according to hospital policy.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Certification/Certification eligible Medical Assistant or two years experience as unit secretary medical secretary or related field,
Certification/Certification eligible Medical Assistant preferred
Proficient keyboard skills, Knowledge of word processing, workers' compensation and drug screening laws preferred, Good communication and customer service skills,
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and or hear. They may occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate., essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a, case by case basis.