Medical Assistant Certified - Primary Care Providence Medical Park
Job Number: 263367
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant Certified (MA) (Primary Care - Medical Park, Day Shift, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane Valley, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Offering a $1,000 sign on bonus to any new, external candidate hired into this position.
In this position you will:
- Interview patients, measures vital signs and accurately records information in the medical record.
- Assure the patient and room is appropriately prepared and/or prepped for the planned exam or procedure.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms between patient visits to maintain infection control. Also, sterilizes instruments, equipment and surfaces.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers (with designated protocols), dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Consistently demonstrate correct handling of procedure specimens per provider orders, including appropriate identification, labeling, dating and disposal of the specimen.
- Document all appropriate patient interaction to include but not limited to: activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, phone calls/conversations etc. in the medical record.
- Perform in-house testing, procedures and injections/immunizations as directed by provider, always following correct techniques and procedures.
- Provide care team coverage including, answering phones, scheduling appointments, and checking in (or out) patients.
- Order, sort, store supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Adhere to established company compliance, policies, procedures and protocols.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or experience with military training.
- Successful completion of a Washington State recognized medical assistant training program.
- Experience with basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards.
- Active Interim Certificate or Active Medical Assistant Certified through Washington State; required by date of hire
- If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire
- If in Pending Credentialing Status with the state, may hire with no more than 90 days grace period. Assigned duties are limited to WAC 246-827-0100
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required within 90 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year previous experience in a physician office or clinic setting
- Customer Service experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.