The Pulmonology department of Vancouver Clinic is seeking a full-time WA State Certified Medical Assistant to join our clinic located at 87th Ave .We are searching for a candidate with a friendly demeanor, great attitude, and patient-focused work ethic. Responsibilities include rooming patients, collecting patient information, preparing patients for examination, assisting with procedures, and assisting with overall delivery of patient care. Candidates must have the ability to multitask, work well with others as part of a team, and be able to maintain a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment.
Base Medical, Dental, and Rx Insurance premium is 100% paid for by Vancouver Clinic for full-time employees. Vancouver Clinic also reimburses for WA State MA-Certified credential renewal.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current Washington State Medical Assistant-Certified credential required. Also acceptable is active MA-Interim credential - must convert to active MA-Certified credential prior to expiration of Interim credential.
- Also considered is pending MA-C / MA-I which must be converted to active MA-C or MA-I within six months of hire date. Will be required to obtain MA-Registered credential within 60-days of hire, hired at MA-R level and scope, must convert to MA-I/MA-C within six months of hire.
- Certification from national certifying entity (AAMA, NCCT, AMT, NHA, etc) as required for MA-Certified credential.
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Current healthcare provider BLS.
- Excellent attendance, positive attitude and strong work ethic are required.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.