Position SummaryVirginia Oncology Associates, the largest group of medical professionals in Hampton Roads and Northeast North Carolina devoted exclusively to cancer care and blood disorders, has an opportunity for a Medical Assistant Float for our offices located in Newport News, Hampton, and Williamsburg.
***Please take this quick survey once you've submitted your resume to complete the application process: Medical Assistant Survey
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment including exams and procedures.
- Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limit to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures
- May schedule patient tests, procedures, and hospital admissions and may schedule appointments to follow up on test results as needed
- Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed
- Performs other administrative duties as requested by supervisor or physician
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 - 3 years of experience, preferably in a multi-physician practice
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants required
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of the profession and industry
- Travel between offices required
- CMA strongly preferred
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.