Due to our extended growth, we are seeking a full-time Medical Assistant to join our team in Bloomington, IL. In this position you will play a key role providing support for medical staff, administrating and evaluating medical tests, taking and documenting vital signs, and assisting with medical examinations all in an ambulatory setting. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we will provide you with a nurturing caring environment in which to work. Contact us today; we definitely want to hear from you! No weekends or evenings required!
Full-time Medical Assistants, are you looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your career working with one of the region’s most respected healthcare organizations? Join us at Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems. We are a private, not-for-profit charitable organization offering comprehensive scope of integrated health care that is focused on delivery of patient centered, whole person care including primary care and behavioral care.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide medical office-related business support services including, but not limited to: scheduling, greeting patients, checking patients in/out, taking phone messages or transferring calls, scanning and attaching in EMR insurance cards and other patient records, and collecting and documenting patient copayments.
- Prepare for following day appointments by reviewing patient chart and identifying care gaps, obtaining outside records, and gathering all necessary paperwork.
- Perform rooming of health center patients. This may include, but is not limited to: greeting patients, escorting patients to exam room, performing appropriate screenings, identifying and completing performance measures, assisting patients and/or families in completing Release of Information and other appropriate paperwork.
- Accurately take and document vital signs. Be familiar with Vitals Section of CFHC P&P Handbook associated normal and abnormal ranges. Know when to seek assistance from nurses or providers when vitals fall outside of acceptable ranges.
- Interview patients for the purpose of gathering health history, hospital history and current medications. Accurately and timely record information gathered in appropriate places in EMR.
- Be familiar with (an able to apply) information found in Chestnut Family Health Center’s Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Lab Manual, and Safety and Infection Control Manual.
- Safely administer, evaluate and document point of care (waived) tests with structured guidance and oversight as required following related manufacturers’ instructions and CFHC P&P.
- Provide health education materials and teaching for patients and their families with structured guidance and oversight as required.
- Safely perform and document phlebotomy services including venipuncture and capillary sampling adhering to related policies and procedures.
- Prepare and assist with medical examinations.
- Safely apply and document sterile dressings following instruction from provider and/or related policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings, QI meetings, etc., as needed and be able to apply knowledge gained.
- Participate in staff development/in-service programs and be able to apply knowledge gained.
- Assist with inventory management and stocking of exam rooms and lab.
- Complete with supervisor and pass all identified elements on Medical Assistant Competency Checklist.
- Maintain CPR and CPI and/or CMA and/or CNA and/or CMOA certifications.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
We are looking for a multi-skilled and detail-oriented MA - Medical Assistant who combines a caring and adaptable personality, with strong knowledge of nursing and medical practices. It is also important that you display exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of population.Specific qualifications for this health care assistant role include:
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Certified Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Must have a current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, referral sources, staff, vendors and the public.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR) and the ability to assist in a variety of common medical and medical office procedures.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut's background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services.Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled