Specialty group is looking for an experienced MA or CMA / MEDICAL ASSISTANT to assist the clerical or clinical team in Syracuse, New York. The MA or CMA / MEDICAL ASSISTANT has the option in selecting either the intake position or clinical position. $15.00 per hour to $16.00 per hour based on experience.
ONE (1) YEAR OF PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE IN A MEDICAL PRACTICE as an MA or CMA / MEDICAL ASSISTANT IS REQUIRED within the last five (5) years.
* STARTING DATE DESIRED (Approximate): Immediate
* WORK SCHEDULE (Approximate) is Monday through Friday DAYS, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
* CERTIFICATION and EDUCATION in MA or CMA / Clinical Medical Assisting is a plus but not required. At least one (1) year of recent work experience in a medical office, clinic or urgent care center as an MA or CMA / CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT is required.
Front Desk (intake MA) Duties:
- Create patient records in the electronic medical records system.
- Answer multiple phone lines.
- Verify health care coverage with insurance companies.
- Except and record patient co-pays.
- Communicate effectively with patients and providers.
- Obtain insurance company authorization.
- Collect co-pays.
Clinical Medical Assistant / MA Duties:
* Conduct minor in-office screening tests as may be assigned.
* Collect and prepare specimens to be sent to diagnostic laboratories.
* Obtain and record medical histories of patient into electronic medical records system.
* Assist the provider and medical team in performing minor medical procedures.
* Assist the provider and medical team in minor bandaging procedures and wound care.
* Obtain patient complaints prior to being seen by a provider.
* Obtain the patients vital signs (blood pressure, respiration, pulse, temperature, height, weight) and record into the electronic medical record system.
* Maintain examining rooms inventory and cleanliness.
* Dispose of used material and supplies (as required by OSHA) and replace with new.
* Purchase and stock medical supplies for the medical practice.
* The Clinical Medical Assistant will work under the supervision of physicians, mid-level providers and/or nurses as necessary.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.