It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group 1821 S Stoughton Rd
Job Highlights:We are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position. This position requires graduation from a Medical Assistant, LPN, or Paramedic program. We are accepting applications from new graduates.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. You’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot. Our mission and values put the patient first and place you in a position to learn new things each and every day.
You will work along with the provider to create the best care plans for our patients.
As an advocate for each patient, you may comfort patients and their families, encourage patients to improve, and fulfill other roles as needed.
The work can be demanding and emotionally rewarding.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- You feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of a care team just as kind and powerful as you.
Job Summary:Provides assistance with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a registered nurse or provider (physician or advanced practice provider).
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Clinical medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) - American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA) - National Health Career Association (NHCA), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) - National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Department:70070164 124117-East FM
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.