- Concord, MA 01742
- Job Type
The Walden Street School is a 24-hour residential program for adolescent girls (12-22) who have experienced trauma or struggle with regulating their emotions in effective and safe ways. Students receive comprehensive care, which includes clinical, educational, medical, and 24-hour milieu support with the goal of helping students to reach their potential and achieve their individual goals.
The ideal Medical Assistant will be a team player capable of effectively working across departments within the milieu & school setting as well as communicating with guardians and outpatient healthcare providers. Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, follow policies about medical and clinical care, and have the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration and documentation of student medications
- Completing assessments
- Educating and providing health care services to promote healthy choices that enhances students’ physical and mental well-being
- Acting as an advocate while accompanying students on medical appointments
- Working as a team to support best treatment plans.
- Bilingual a plus ($500 bonus for eligible candidates)
- Basic nursing assessment skills and knowledge required
- Experience in residential setting is a plus
- Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred
- Experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements
- Maintains valid driver’s license as driving students is a requirement
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as necessary.
Bilingual bonus - Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak in a language other than English proficiently. $500 after 3 months of successful employment, $500 after 6 months of successful employment.
This position includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and much more
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 30+ days ago