As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
Regardless of role, we at the University of Minnesota Physicians recognize that every member of our team is vital. The Medical Assistants who work at UMPhysicians interact consistently with patients under the direction of a provider, authorized practitioner or RN and help to create and foster an environment of healing and education. UMPhysicians also emphasizes an inclusive, team-focused atmosphere; as such, our Medical Assistants are integral to helping us develop the next processes needed to ensure our patients well-being. Our MAs utilize and develop their skills in a rewarding clinic environment that is on the cutting edge of medicine.
Medical Assistant Overview
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and monitors patient appointments for provider visits, and procedure(s).
- Delivers patient care as delegated by the RN to assigned patient population, or individual patient.
- Communicates effectively with patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Provides patient instruction as delegated.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level of population served.
- Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee’s Performance Review as part of UMPhysicians’ Performance Management tools
- Medical Assistant Diploma from an accredited school.
- Medical Assistance Certification or Registration from an accredited organization (American Registry of Medical Assistants (RMA) or American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)). If not certified, must attain certification or registration within first year of employment from an accredited organization
Clinic Description: Southdale Clinic
Location: 6525 France Ave. S Edina, MN 55435
Hours : 40 Hours a week/Temporary position
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.