Medical Assistant – PreSurgical Assessment- Dallas, TX
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The purpose of this position is to perform various outpatient care duties and prepare patients for examinations/procedures, including preparing patients for clinic visits by completing intake documentation, vital signs, height/weights and rooming; preparing and assisting in examinations/procedures; collecting lab samples and performing point of care testing. Pursuant to Physician delegation, this position may collect give identified injections and medications. Additionally, this position may perform front and back office duties, such as registration, scheduling and financial processes in various outpatient clinics, managing the insurance authorization and referral process for a specified clinic, and collect funds. This position may also conduct screening of patient insurance to determine if financial counseling is necessary.
Shift/Location: Part-Time 3 days per week 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts or transports patient to exam rooms, treatment rooms or other areas as directed
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment by Physician or other Provider
- Obtain past medical history and history of current illness/condition.
- Perform point of care testing as required for their position.
- Obtain specimens from patients through venipuncture and capillary collection (blood), nasal, throat, skin and cheek swabs, and urine specimens from patients
- Prepare clinic area
- Prepares examination rooms
- Provide patients and families pre-printed instructions and educational material
- May utilize EMR to proactively contact patients, caregivers, Physicians
- May perform front desk support
Required: Minimum 6 months experience in a patient care setting or completion of MA Program
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Preferred: MA Certification acquired through an accredited program
Required: BLS/CPR certification within 60 days of hire and renewed bi-annually
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021