POSITION: Medical Assistant/Emergency Medical Technician
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
- Provides pre-examination education and counseling as trained and in accordance with medical standards.
- Provides post examination counseling, fee collection, and/or reinforce counseling in accordance with medical standards.
- Provides specialized counseling/education as needed.
- Collaborates with clinician and coordinates referrals to other health and social services in the community.
- Performs tasks that are necessary at the medical office level to support third party billing and accounts receivable.
- Maintains clinical inventory, equipment and facilities.
- Answering phone, greeting patients, scheduling appointments and organizing patient flow.
- Maintains patient charts and other filing systems both electronically and on paper.
- Perform clinic procedures and laboratory tests according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document accurate information into patients' medical records.
- Properly prepare lab specimens for pickup by courier or for shipping.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and all patient-related data, in compliance with HIPAA and Title X regulations.
- Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Give injections, perform phlebotomy and finger sticks.
- Follow all Adagio Health policies and procedures.
- Communicating issues and suggesting resolutions appropriately to management
- Other duties as assigned, including traveling to other offices and participating in outreach activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician program. Certified Medical Assistant/Technician preferred. Local travel required.