Providence is looking for a Medical Assistant (0.3 FTE, Day Shift, Saturdays from 7:30am-8:30pm) to work within our Express Care Retail Location - Lacey, WA.
The Express Care Medical Assistant provides effective and efficient services to clinic patients; works under the direction of a practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care within the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Greet and check-in patients and visitors in a friendly, courteous manner in person and on the phone; direct flow of patients and calls.
- Collect and verify demographic information from patient or family member.
- Perform screening function with patients to determine appropriate staff/departments to best meet patient needs and refer appropriately.
- Collect and process patient payments.
- Provide information to patients regarding financial policies, registration requirements, etc.
- Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information.
- Perform sight and hearing tests as indicated.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care.
- Obtain specimens according to clinic policies and procedures.
- Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications.
- Document all interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Perform other duties as authorized under Medical Assistant certification.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion.
- Active Interim Medical Assistant Certificate or active Medical Assistant Certificate through Washington State; required by date of hire.
- If in Active Interim Certification Status applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMT, NHA NCCT.
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required upon hire
About Providence Health & Services
Providence Health & Services is the largest health care provider in Washington state. With more than 35 hospitals, various health and living facilities and 20,000 employees statewide, our health and services organizations work together to provide quality care to those in need. We continue to honor and live by a commitment to compassionate service that the Sisters of Providence began more than 155 years ago.
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Our Core Values
Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence, Integrity