Medical Assistant, Fairfax OB-GYN Associates
Position: Medical Assistant, Fairfax OB-GYN Associates
Location: Fair Oaks Office, Fairfax, VA 22033
About Fairfax OB-GYN Associates:
Fairfax OB-GYN Associates, in Fair Oaks, Gainesville, Woodbridge, and Dulles, Virginia, is a group practice of board certified obstetrician/gynecologists, certified nurse midwives, and certified nurse practitioners who work as a team to provide the highest quality care for women of all ages. They believe in providing health care with the utmost level of personalization so that they always meet the individual needs of their patients.
Fairfax OB-GYN Associates has served the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington area since 1980, with four convenient locations. They are proud to be affiliated with INOVA Fair Oaks and Stone Springs Medical Center.
Learn more at: www.fairfaxobgyn.com
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, OB-GYN Shady Grove is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to join our busy practice.
- Interviewing patient in exam room and accurately documenting all concerns, complaints, and reason for visit.
- Reviewing schedule and ensuring that all required supplies are available and prepped.
- Escorting patients throughout the practice and obtaining samples and vitals from patients.
- Recording all vitals on patient’s flowsheet in the electronic medical record system.
- Ensuring all ordered tests are marked on lab requisition with diagnosis code and billing information.
- Administering ordered injections and document in chart and injection logbook.
- Clean and sterilize exam room between patients.
Reviewing OBs seen to make sure labs are up to date and all orders are completed for the patient.
- Stock exam rooms and bathrooms with necessary supplies.
- High school diploma and some college preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one-year work experience in public contact job, preferably service related. Experience or interest in the health care field, with a focus on OB-GYN is preferred.
- Must have and maintain valid CPR certification.
- Must be able to interact with patients, coworkers, and other staff members and possess the ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with other people.
- Knowledge of health care field and obstetrics/gynecology as well as assisting with tasks related to obstetrics and gynecology.
- Must be able to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Must be professional and act in a positive manner.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Must have the ability to understand patient education needs and effectively be able to share information with patients and families.
Advantia offers competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.) to full-time employees only.
Interested candidates please apply directly to this posting or at: www.advantiahealth.com/careers