Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Group – Sequoia, a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation, is committed to serving the continuing health care needs of the Bay Area on the peninsula and beyond. With a growing list of primary and specialty care clinics, along with our Dignity Health/GoHealth Urgent Care Centers, local affiliated Dignity Health hospital (Sequoia Hospital), and other City of San Francisco locations (via Dignity Health Medical Group – Saint Francis/St. Mary’s and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center), we offer an integrated care delivery system that provides primary care for family medicine and internal medicine, surgical services that include general, vascular, gynecological, cardiothoracic, and orthopedics, and a growing list of neurologist, cardiologists, endocrinologists, infectious disease and sports medicine specialists.
The Medical Assistant (MA) Float position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance. The MA Float will be assigned to various clinic locations per business need. The MA Float maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician / provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, physicians assistant or licensed Vocational Nurse. This includes assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data. Documenting patient concerns, patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patients medical record for the physician's review. Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation.
- Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation H.R. department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential. - Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice is essential
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred