OnSite Care is looking for an exceptional FLOAT Medical Assistant to join our team in our team!
This is a FLOAT position; an as needed.
This position will work both front and back office.For the most part, your time will be spent in the following ways:
- You'll be the support for a one provider practice.
- You'llkeep roomsneat and clean, andprepare rooms for the visits, procedures and patient exams, ensuring the provider has the equipment necessary for the procedure type, and patients are prepped appropriately.
- You'll get to knowtheprovider's preferences and actively communicate withtheprovider to ensure you are providing the level of support necessary for the provider to effectively treat and care for patients.
- You'llobtain patient'svital signs, complete any point of care testing required for the visit type, and ensurepatients receive the highest level of customer service possible.
- You'll act as a chaperone for your provider during patient exams as requested and assist with any procedure or exam requested by your provider.
- You'll perform point of care testing, administer vaccines and injections, obtain ECG/EKGs, and perform phlebotomy to obtain lab samples ordered by provider.
- You'll follow up on lab work, act as a liaison between patient and provider, provide patients with prompt responses to inquiries, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Most importantly, you'll provide patients with an exceptional experience at every opportunity!
What you'll have to be successful in this role:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assisting program or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing phlebotomy and giving children injections.
- Working with patients and customers and have experience providing customer service.
- You will be passionate about working in healthcare and want to work for a company that is making healthcare affordable and accessible for patients.
- You will be dependable, accountable, and courteous and value quality and continued improvement in everything we do.
- You will be a team player, and value the contributions of each person on a team.
In a perfect world, you will already have: (Preferred areas - We can train you in these areas)
- You will have 1 to 2 years of experience working in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Experience working in a Family Practice and/or Pediatrics.
- Experience working with an EMR (eCW).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is definitely a bonus!
- Competitive salary
- Monday through Friday - No Nights or Weekends
- Mileage reimbursement
- We buy you 5 scrub tops as needed