PPOSBC is looking for a full-time Medical Assistant Float in San Bernardino County.
Locations: San Bernardino, Upland, Victorville
Schedule: 4 days per week/10 hr shifts
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks).
- Perform blood draws.
- Process specimens for outside lab test.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.).
- Clean and sterilize equipment, stock exam rooms.
- Assist licensed staff, as needed
- MA only patient visits and offer and review written information on pregnancy options.
- Obtain patient medical history.
- Provide information and instruction on abortions to patients, makes appointments/refers for follow-up medical services.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the manager.
Licensure and/or Certification Requirements:
- Medical Assistant’s Certificate from an accredited school required.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development “GED”
Minimum Work Experience:
- Experience in clinical setting preferred.
- Reproductive, managed/primary health care experience.
Planned Parenthood/Orange and San Bernardino Counties is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, equal pay, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military, veteran status or any other federal or state protected class. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.