Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics has an exciting opportunity to join our family as a Medical Assistant Floater for our Middle TN locations.
At Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, we put patients first. For over 70 years, Hughston has remained committed to providing high quality patient care. We have several locations in Nashville and the surrounding cities in Middle Tennessee.
Our mission is to provide world-class service for all our patients. We strive to be the best provider in orthopedic care, and continue to support and encourage our patients to resume a more active lifestyle. We are looking for candidates who put the needs of patients above all else, are ethical and honest, treat everyone with dignity and courtesy, and do the right things in the right way.
Hughston offers competitive pay plus comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company safe harbor contribution to help you get started in saving for your retirement.
Position Goal: Assist Physician(s) in Clinic with patient care activities. Complete administrative duties as required.
- Familiarity with what the physician requires for a productive clinic.
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility. Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of devices such as splints, immobilizers, braces, and bandages
- Clean and sterilize equipment using approved techniques
- Clean and stock exam rooms and change sheets on exam tables after each patient
- Communicate restrictions and instructions to patients
- Follow up calls to patients after surgery or other invasive procedure to document their progress
- Communication with outside facilities for scheduling tests or surgery to include having any necessary orders, pre-cert, or referral information ready
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
Education: High School or equivalent required.
Special Qualifications: Must be able to work independently and have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Maintains BLS certification. Knowledge of the health care field and medical specialty. Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
*Travel is required*
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.