Requisition Number: 99676
On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the administrative direction and supervision of the Program/Center Manager and Program Nursing Specialist and clinical supervision of the Nurse Practitioner/Physician, the Medical Assistant provides assistance to the medical (clinic) team.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Assists clinic team in provision of nursing care to participants.
- 2. Provides technical (clinical) support in obtaining vital signs, collecting lab work, performing wound care, and other designated responsibilities by the medical or nursing staff.
- 3. Provides clerical support for the clinic under the direction of the Center RN.
- 4. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- 1. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- 2. One-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
- 3. Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
- 4. Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
- 5. Physical requirements include visual acuity and the ability to lift /move up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
City: San Jose
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Employment at On Lok
Join a team that is making a difference in the lives of seniors. On Lok’s mission is to provide quality services for seniors in our communities.
We value commitment, teamwork, and dedication to the well being of our seniors. On Lok offers a multi-cultural work environment, and competitive pay and benefits.
If you are interested in advancing your career in an environment that gives you the satisfaction of helping others and contributing to the community, apply below.
Your unique qualities will enrich and help promote innovative solutions. Be part of a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds to guarantee that our participants receive compassion, understanding, and the highest quality of care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fremont, California US
Job Number: 19061